CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position provides management oversight for all phases of the construction process, including: soliciting bidders, estimating, reviewing/creating project documents (plans, specifications, & contracts), labor projections, coordination of trade contractors, directing construction activities, resolving construction conflicts and disputes, coordinating field installations and project closings with the Project Superintendent, developing and maintaining client relationships, while ensuring project costs, timelines, quality and safety standards, and standard operating procedures (Running the Job Manual) are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct project progress meetings with superintendent, trade contractors and suppliers to review quality, safety, scheduled project progress, submittal requirements, and material deliveries to ensure attainment of project objectives, schedule completion, and timely delivery.
- Review, plan and schedule the Weekly Progress Report to obtain personnel, material and equipment needs, and Subcontractor performance in a manner consistent with scheduled requirements, budgeted costs and timely deliveries.
- Lead, motivate and develop field and office personnel, focusing on skills and techniques that will ensure continuous performance and meet/exceed corporate standards.
- Cultivate a working relationship with Project Managers, Project Laborers, Trade Contractors and Clients in a manner that encourages a cooperative environment, team effort and professional approach.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions on assigned projects to resolve construction-related problems and issues, such as recognizing and understanding any conflicts or scope gaps in the contract plans and specifications, and come to agreeable resolution between Architect, Owner and Subcontractor(s).
- Manage all aspects of assigned project within budgetary parameters to client’s satisfaction, while maintaining good working relationships with field personnel, trade contractors, subcontractors and clients.
- Motivation and drive to provide first-hand project opportunities thru new relationships and networking.
- Successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years Commercial Construction experience with a multitude of project types.
- Some management experience a plus
- Results-oriented with the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within an organization is critical.
- Organized, detail-oriented problem solver with strong work ethic.
- Applicant should possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and Microsoft Project. Experience with Sage Contractor preferred.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the supervision of all on-site construction, including scheduling subcontractors, problem solving, inspecting all work during construction to ensure quality, compliance with plans and specifications, and promoting and enforcing the safety program. Work closely with the Project team to include Client, Architects, Engineers, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, subcontractors and inspectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day to day construction operations and quality control.
- Create and maintain project schedule to include 3 week look ahead schedules.
- Must be able to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicate accurate project schedule information and specification requirements with subcontractors and suppliers across all trades.
- Manage all field operations including material delivery coordination, health and safety measures, cleanliness and order of the work site and quality of the work production.
- Submit daily reports and other required paperwork. Conduct regular project reviews and maintain record of project progress.
- Communicate any issues associated with the project to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Promote and maintain site safety requirements and procedures.
- Conduct and document weekly site Foreman’s meetings.
Daily communication with Project Manager.
A minimum of 2 years as lead Superintendent for a Commercial General Contractor
- OR a minimum of 6 years as a foreman as a carpenter or mason
- Strong work ethic – A MUST!
- A thorough knowledge of all trades
- Strong organizational, communication and people skills and the ability to schedule and coordinate subcontractors to meet project requirements.
- Desire to build and maintain relationships with clients, architects, local authorities and subcontractors.
- Goal oriented, with ability to react quickly to challenging circumstances in order to achieve desired results through informed decision making.
- Ability to implement duties with an exceptional level of accuracy and timeliness while meeting established deadlines.
- Knowledge of local codes/regulations to ensure compliance. Knowledge of federal, state and local safety laws and regulations a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Microsoft Project. Experience with Sage Contractor preferred.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT COORDINATOR
Summary: Responsible for assisting in the management of construction projects assigned, through the bid/proposal phase, planning & buyout phase, construction phase, close-out phase and warranty period.
•Administration of shop drawings and submittals.
•Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance to project requirements.
•Administer and manage Request for Information (RFI) process.
•Assist Project Manager with all elements of the project management team.
•Assist Superintendent with management of the daily jobsite operation.
•Prepare correspondence, meeting minutes, task lists, work lists, etc. as directed by Project Manager and Superintendent
•Coordinate with subcontractors and material vendors to performance and delivery of services, material and equipment.
• Be adept in reading and interpreting project drawings, and assist Project Manager with distribution of project drawings, specifications, etc.
•Assist in soliciting and evaluating change order pricing from Subcontractors.
•Ensure a timely, concise and efficient communication and correspondence flow with Consultants and Subcontractors.
• Ensure that a working set of plans are updated daily (as-built drawings) and that an accurate as-built set of drawings are turned over at the end of the project.
•Assist Project Manager in the timely closeout of subcontracts and with post-construction analysis of projects.
•Review and update schedule with superintendent and distribute schedule to subcontractors
•Review subcontracts for validation, assist/review quantity take offs for subcontractor pricing.
•Knowledge of commercial construction processes and technical skills.
•Knowledge of OSHA Regulations and job site safety regulations
•Must possess computer skills and have a working knowledge of the following programs: ◦Microsoft Excel and Word, Project Management Software or equivalent, Construction scheduling programs. Experience with Sage Contractor preferred.
•Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
•Must have ability to work in a team oriented environment.